Owl hat (Taken with Instagram)
I’m fat. Fat, fat, fat. I’m not just saying that in the ‘Ooooh, I’m SOOO fat, give me LOOOVE, tell me I’m nooooot!’. I’m 14 stone’s worth of fat. Yes, I’m 6ft 1, so it’s not AS fat as 14 stone sounds, but I’m still at the very top-end of normal weight and teetering on overweight and I HATE that. Three years ago, I was 11 stone. I had been 11 stone for a decade.
So what happened?
Well, a number of things
1. Big Al. That’s my boyfriend. We got together two and a half years ago and have lived together for a year. One of his many talents is cooking. He’s incredible. Seriously. The things that boy can do with mince…and cream…and lard…not in the same dish…probably. Also, he makes me happy. We ‘challenge’ each other, sure. We have 2 fights a year and they usually end in one of us storming out. The fights are usually about something ridiculous. One New Year’s Eve, he nearly left me when we fought about Kenneth Williams. Seriously, he didn’t speak to me all of New Year’s Day. I’m definitely happier than I’ve been, however, probably ever. (Sorry exes, but you’re all married with kids anyway, so…)
2. Smoking. As in not. I gave up a year and a half ago and there’s no DOUBT it contributed to my weight gain. Better to be fat than smoke, right? RIGHT. Except now I’m Miss Fat and Angry at parties. Not really. I don’t miss it. Much. (I do)
3. Citalopram - For those of you who don’t know, it’s an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant treatment. More on this later. No Stigma, right? ANYWAY, one of the side-affects is APPARENTLY weight-gain. I’ve been on it for nearly two and a half years. I’ve started tapering my dose so in a month or so, I should be off it totally. Again, more on that later.
So BASICALLY you can see the timeline. My life has changed COMPLETELY in the past 3 years. I have a new flat with my lovely boyfriend, FINALLY a job that keeps me happy and busy (more on THIS whole situation later…ahhh, work) My friends are amazing and I have the world’s most bizarre cat. I’m happy, healthier-about-the-lungs and FAT. FAT FAT FAT.
What am I doing about it?
1. I’ve joined a gym and I’m going at least 3 times per week.
2. I cycle a lot, at least 10 miles per day, to and from work at speed. It’s been said that I cycle like an Amazon heading to war, so I’m no pootler.
3. About 2 months ago, I cut all bad fats out of my diet. I eat salad for pretty much every meal and I keep my calorie count below 1200 (according to My Fitness Pal, who could be My Fitness Liar, who knows?) (above those burned by exercise, I’m not THAT stupid)
4. I’ve cut my booze intake (that’s as far as it’s going with booze, I’m afraid) and I FEEL like I’m healthier, so WHY HAVE I LOST NO WEIGHT?! Literally, not a pound. It’s ridiculous and it’s really starting to get on my (considerable) bosom. Nothing I do seems to help. So I’m going to start keeping this blog, in the hope that I’ll spot some kind of pattern. Or maybe I’ll get some suggestions? I don’t know, I just thought it could help, so…
So, yesterday the estate agent came round to value my flat, ready for sale. He’s coming back on Saturday to take photos, but before he does I have been instructed to DE-CLUTTER THE FLAT! DE-CLUTTER?! I cannot IMAGINE what he means?!
I’ve lived in the same Converse for a year. The left shoe now has a hole big enough to eat my sock. Now I have these sandals. They are the sandals of a REAL GIRL! Also, maybe a gladiator. A Gladiator Girl..
I fucking love it when goats are on stuff. At last, there is a website which lets me see when goats are on stuff.
I’ve only been over at my work’s blog for a couple of months, but I’ve decided to run a Tumblr alongside my bits and pieces for that.
The MAIN reasons for this decision are three-fold:
1. I swear. I swear a lot. I swear when I don’t know I’m swearing. I make up new swears. This is not so good for the business side of things
2. It gives me a bit more freedom to blog things I have an active interest in. I’m not sure the work-blog readers will be terribly interested in a new dip (Frijiomole - GET SOME!) and other fluff.
3. My mate Janine said it would be WELL funny.
That is all for now.
I didn’t cycle in today. My bike is too small for me and is giving me a nagging pain down in my lower lumbar. Or ASS, if you will. I think it’s also to do with the height of my desk and chair in the office, so I shall have to risk assess myself. Again.
So, what have I learned from this?
- They don’t make bikes for giant ladies.
- Desks aren’t made for giants, ladies or otherwise.
I’ll probably try a gentle ride at the weekend and see how it goes.
At least it means I can have my botty massaged by a handsome masseur..
runjaninerun asked: how did you get your just giving button on your page?
On the JustGiving website. Go to your account>resources>top 10 fundraising tips> 4. Publicise your page. Click on the ‘buttons and widgets’ link and it’ll give you some code you copy and paste into your profile. I *HEART* your pic.